New early flowering sub clover for the low rainfall areas of WA
Seed softening also occurs later in the summer-autumn period than Nungarin, giving it slightly greater protection from losses due to false breaks.
The main attributes of
1. Early flowering with increased autumn, winter and spring production compared to Nungarin
2. Relatively prostrate growth habit giving good tolerance to grazing
3. Low levels of formononetin
4. Increased persistence compared to Nungarin
5. Some resistance to clover scorch
Limited testing suggests that
The advantage of its higher hardseededness was apparent following seasons where trial sites were either cropped or sprayed out to prevent seed set. Where this occurred, mean seedling density of
Recommended sowing rates: Monoculture: 20 kgs/ha; Mix: 6 to 8 kgs/ha.